- You can tell for sure it's good quality, veg tan, and full grain.
- Very pleasant and lasting scent.
- Awesome but subtle grain (i.e. wrinkles and slightly lighter and darker marks in random spots).
- Will likely patina well.
- Stitching looks to be machine done, but well done
- Exactly what I wanted, no pad or cork liner, not an overdone design, no pretense, but not "rustic" either.
- Price was excellent for the quality of the leather.
Not so Good:
- Mine arrived with two distinct what looked like greasy fingerprints; a right pointer and right middle finger. Used a little mild dish soap and cloth rag, and most of it came out, though there's a bit of a lighter spot where some tanning came off with it. It's not a big deal to me at all since I like the imperfections (of the grain, not someone's fingers, lol) and it's on the edge where I put my keyboard wrist rest anyway.
- The edges could have been sanded and treated a bit better.
- I'm not sure if this was a "factory second" thing, but it seemed like one, though unlabeled as such, and yet on discount for no reason mentioned.
Overall, I'm not a picky person, and this was a good deal on a quality piece. I'm happy.